Mobile NEMA 6 and NEMA 6P Enclosures for Mining with Non-Corrosive Stainless Steel Wheel Casters
There evident continuous business opportunities in the mining industry today, several manufacturers – especially companies who produces NEMA enclosures – are engineering & launching products that are designed specifically for use in mines. But because of severe, harsh environments for electronic products, there is an ongoing demand for well-designed, & quality enclosures.
Submersible NEMA 6P Enclosures Defined
A typical example of a submersible NEMA 6P enclosure would be a stainless steel box used for electronic controls in a power plant or an offshore facility. Also, I use NEMA 6P waterproof enclosures for any indoor/outdoor security systems that need protection from total ingress of water and be able to submerge under the water. NEMA 6P Enclosures are typically are more expensive due to the stainless steel material cost and require skill craftsman for manufacturing.
NEMA submersible enclosures offer these features:
- Industry Standard NEMA 6, 6P (IP67, IP68) Rated Enclosures
- Performance Rated Enclosures to 150 FT Submersion
- UL Compliance & Performance Testing services are available
- N6/N6P Enclosures Sizes from 4″x4″x4″ to 72″x48″x24″
- Custom Electrical Conduit Hubs & Pipe Flanges available
- Heavy Duty, Corrosion Resistant Stainless Steel (grades 304 & 316)
- Powder coated, Light Weight & Strong Aluminum Alloys (5052, etc)
- Tough Marine Epoxy Coatings available for specialty applications
NEMA 6 waterproof enclosure Application
NEMA 6 enclosures are generally manufactured using the following materials: aluminum, stainless steel, plastic, fiberglass (FRP) and other non-corrosive, waterproof raw materials. An exception to this, all NEMA 6 enclosures made from carbon steel requires an extra protective coating to avoid steel corrosion (rust.) This means that NEMA 6 carbon steel enclosures are used for temporary water rain and other liquids that don’t cause corrosion.
These enclosures are generally used in applications that needed to protect equipment for temporary submersion in water with the exception of salt water, high-acid fluids, any oils or flammable liquid material. One example of its use is any work that requires any heavy wash down for cleaning or any temporary exposure to rainwater.